May 28 - THE CHURCH IN SMYRNA - (Revelation 2:8-11)
1. Find where Smyrna is in your Bible maps. Where is Smyrna in relation to Ephesus?
2. What problem is this church facing? (2:9) How does Jesus address those who call themselves Jews but are not?
3. How can they be both poor and rich?
4. How does Jesus introduce Himself to this church? (2:8) Why is this description a good way to prove that Jesus is God? (see 1:8)
5. What does Jesus say about the persecution that is about to take place? What challenge does He give? (2:10-11)
6. What does this passage teach about suffering?
7. Has it been harder to live out your faith when you’ve been poor, or when you’ve had enough money? Why?
8. In what ways do you feel spiritually rich?
MEMORY VERSE (5 minutes)
Rev 2:10 Do not fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Be faithful unto death, and I will give you the crown of life.
David's Ascent to the Throne