JUNE 18 THE CHURCH IN SARDIS (Revelation 3:1-6)
1. Locate Sardis on you Bible maps. Where is it in relations to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum and Thyatira.
2. What did Christ know about the church at Sardis? What is the contrast between reputation and reality in Sardis? (3:1)
3. How can a church appear to be alive and thriving and yet be dead?
4. What is the only hope of the survival of the church of Sardis? What did Christ urge as steps to restoration? (3:2-3)
5. What dangers exist for Christians who rely on image instead of nurturing a genuine spiritual life?
6. How do we know that not all the Christians in Sardis were "asleep?” (3:4)
7. What is the promise to those who overcome (3:5) (cf. 1 John 5:4-5) Is this a promise just for some Christians or for all?
8. If Jesus addressed this “wake-up call” to you, what would he want you to strengthen?
MEMORY VERSE (5 minutes)
Rev 3:3 Remember, then, what you received and heard. Keep it, and repent. If you will not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what hour I will come against you.
To Him Who Loves Us