AUGUST 6 GOD’S COVENANT WITH DAVID (2 Samuel 7)
1. What contrast bothered David after he was well established in Jerusalem? (7:1-2) What was Nathan’s initial reaction to David’s instinct to build a house for the ark of God? (7:3)
2. According to the word Nathan received from the Lord, how did God feel about the fact that no permanent house of worship had been built? (7:4-7)
3. What did God remind David about how he had achieved his current prosperity? (7:8- 9)
4. What did the Lord promise David instead? (7:10-16)
5. How does David address God? How does he address himself? (7:18-22) What do you learn about God in this passage? What do you learn about man?
6. How can we cultivate a sense of awe at God’s goodness? Why is it important to thank God for the good things we enjoy? What are the benefits of praising God? 7. How does God’s relationship with Israel as a nation parallel his relationship with the
church? (7:23-24) (cf. 1 Peter 2:9-10)
8. What does David ask for in his prayer? (7:25-29) What is the basis for his request and for what purpose does he make his request? Why is it appropriate to ask God for things He has already promised?
MEMORY VERSE (5 minutes)
2Sa 7:16 And your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me. Your throne shall be established forever.’”
Questions Adapted from Serendipity Bible for Groups and Adult Questions for LESSONmaker.
No Powerpoint Slides this week
A MAN AFTER GOD’S OWN HEART Part 2: David, King of Israel