OCTOBER 29th - DAVID'S MIGHTY MEN" 2 Samuel 23
1. How does David know all is right with his house? (23:5) (see 7:12-16)
2. In contrast to His treatment of David, how did God promise to deal with evil people? (23:6-7) Why is it important to us as believers to know that God will punish evil?
3. What do Eleazar and Shammah have in common? (23:9-12) To whom did the writer give credit for their victory?
4. What daring (and perhaps foolish) exploit was attributed to the three mighty men? (23:13-16) Why did David refuse to drink the very water he had wanted? (23:16-17)
5. In what sense did Abishai receive greater honor, although he was not one of the Three? (23:18-19)
6. What stories were told about Benaiah, the chief of David’s bodyguard? (23:20-23)
7. How many "mighty men" served King David? (23:39) What do you think made David’s mighty men so mighty?
8. To what friend or relative can you offer loyal and dedicated support?
MEMORY VERSE (5 minutes)
2Sa 23:16 Then the three mighty men broke through the camp of the Philistines and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem that was by the gate and carried and brought it to David. But he would not drink of it. He poured it out to the LORD
Questions Adapted from Serendipity Bible for Groups and Adult Questions for LESSONmaker.
No Powerpoint Slides this week
A MAN AFTER GOD’S OWN HEART Part 2: David, King of Israel